Building my first gaming pc

Associate
Hello

my son wants a gaming pc for his birthday so I'm aiming to try and get the parts so we can build it together.

My budget is £500-£800 pounds and I was looking at something that can play the usual kid games like Fortnite/Minecraft and maybe like warzone around 60 FPS and also do a little bit of streaming?

I would prefer a Ryzen based system. Any recommendations on which parts?

Cheers

Last edited:

Thanks for this!

Does that case come the lighting?

Would this play other games such as rainbow six siege, Spiderman etc?

Sorry I'm just trying to get a feeling for how these specs would compare to say a ps5

If you're willing to go B grade for the GPU you'd get a much better card, but unless OCUK have updated their B grade warranty it'll only be 3 months long (worth checking):

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £895.98 (includes delivery: £7.99)​

Thanks for this!

Sorry I'm just trying to get a feeling for how these specs would compare to say a ps5

The case comes with four ARGB fans, as well as a built in five port RGB hub.

I actually own one and it's a solid bit of kit for the price, I'd recommend spending £15 on a Thermalright Assassin King 120SE (RGB) too for better cooling and a bit more bling.

Last edited:
Thanks for this!

Yes It comes with RGB fans.

It would handle those games , the 6600 GPU target resolution is 1080p .

Ps5 is a different gaming as it's can run at 4k , it's a dedicated for gaming.

Yes It comes with RGB fans.

It would handle those games , the 6600 GPU target resolution is 1080p .

Ps5 is a different gaming as it's can run at 4k , it's a dedicated for gaming.

Thinking ahead....which of these parts is likely going to need upgrading first? What's it's weakness basically?

Also are we looking at low / medium settings on Fortnite etc at 60fps?

Last edited:
What's it's weakness basically?
Ryzen 5600 & 4060/6600 are well matched, they will age together. Next upgrade would be something like a 5700X3D/5800X3D & a card around the 4070 Super/7800 XT or better.

Alternatively 7500F bundle if you wanted to be on AM5 and get more future CPU upgrades.

Back
Top Bottom