Building my first PC - Is this build good?

Associate
This is my first time picking parts and building my own PC. I'm wondering if this is good for someone who constantly multi-tasks, does light content creation and heavy gaming and how this build would perform streaming and gaming at the same time. I'd like to keep it within the £1,500 - £2,000 range.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2 Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asrock X370 Taichi AMD X370
GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX VEGA 64
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200MHz
SSD: Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD 2.5" SATA 6Gbps
HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB 7200RPM
PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400S Glass Midi Tower Case
Case Fans: Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 AB RGB

If you are not into multi gpu I would rather chose B350 motherboard for £95 and Ryzen 7 non x for £269.00 and use the savings on a Nvidia 1080TI at £699.
Also you might want to get Samsung B-Die memory such as Team Group 16GB

Last edited:
As above. This board has the same sound and Intel Gigabit Lan as the Taichi, and does CrossFire (AMD multi-gpu) if not SLI (Nvidia multi-gpu):

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £142.35
(includes shipping: £10.50)

The Phanteks Halos are worth looking at, could just add them to the case stock fans/cooler fans. Five of them would still cost you less than three of those CoolerMaster fans. I'd recommend them for the front fans in particular, because a LED fan at the front will have its nice side (intake side) hidden by the front panel. The exhaust side never looks as good. Whereas you can place the Halo on either side of the fan.

The Phanteks RGB adapter is for synching the case leds with the Asus motherboard, if you wish. The Halos can also be synched (they bring their own adapters).​

I would wait for reviews on 5th November though, as Intel are releasing their six-core Coffee Lake processors. May or may not suit your needs even better.

What monitor will you be using?

Last edited:
That board was something I was also considering. Didn't know about those halos, they look pretty nice!

I'll be using the monitor I currently have, a Dell UH2414H. My other monitor is a Samsung S22B300H but that's pretty old now. I have two monitors right now alongside my graphics tablet which is basically a third. I figure it would be worth getting a g-sync monitor to go with the 1080Ti to replace the Samsung to use as my primary gaming monitor.

Damn it, some reason when on my phone, store always adds two to the last object -
SSD for OS - HDD for gaming 2TB should last a quarter of your gaming hard :D

AMD Nvidia

Total: £2,185.60
(includes shipping: £28.02)

Vega 56 and Freesync screens are just a match in heaven

I still think higher capacity SSD would be better to improve game loading speed rather then installing games on HDD considering he will be recording and streaming too...

I still think higher capacity SSD would be better to improve game loading speed rather then installing games on HDD considering he will be recording and streaming too...

True, 850s are at a good price . And I can't be one to talk about HDD when I have NVMe drives for different genres pmsl

Wasn't sure if streaming or capturing for editing would take up storage. Streaming is new to me haha

This is my first time picking parts and building my own PC. I'm wondering if this is good for someone who constantly multi-tasks, does light content creation and heavy gaming and how this build would perform streaming and gaming at the same time. I'd like to keep it within the £1,500 - £2,000 range.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2 Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asrock X370 Taichi AMD X370
GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX VEGA 64
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200MHz
SSD: Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD 2.5" SATA 6Gbps
HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB 7200RPM
PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400S Glass Midi Tower Case
Case Fans: Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 AB RGB

R7 1700 is £20 cheaper and comes with a good stock cooler that you can keep as a backup.

Corsair H100i GTX is a 240mm AIO and that is also cheaper at £89.99. You will need an AM4 bracket for it (Either from OCUK or Corsair).

You could go with a cheaper B350 board such as the Asus B350-F Strix. It has crossfire support.

As mentioned by Orbital, go with a Vega 56 (Although not in stock) and flash the 64 bios onto it for a performance boost.

What monitor do you have ? Or are you buying one for this build ?

Total: £488.43
(includes shipping: £10.50)

Thank you all for your help! I'm going with the all amd basket Orbital listed but with a 850 500GB SSD. Looking forward to it! :D

bar in mind the cards have shot up £100 :(

worth looking at the members thread on here to see that Watt pull from the wall with the card running stock- overclocked and with 64 Bios. 750w should cover it !

even with the jump in price... getting a GTX 1070 OR 1080 with a G-sync 1440p 144hz monitor will still cost a BOMB!

comes with two "free "games..

Total: £509.89
(includes shipping: £9.90)

sell the cd keys! £20 a pop

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom