Built a new comp, how much it worth you reckon?

Associate
Right, I built this pc with my motherboard, old ram and agp graphics card. I bought a few bits and bobs to finish it off. Just wondering how much you think I should sell it for? (please no stupid answers). Here's some pics:

Specs are as follows:

AMD opteron, currently stable at 2.775 Ghz (the FX57 is 2.8! costing £700+)
512 meg of dual channel corsair ram timings of 2-2-2-5 1T
Dfi Lanparty ultra - D
256 Leadtek Geforce 6800 GT (clocks easily to ultra speeds with increase of two celsius)
120 gig samsung sata hard drive
16 speed dual dvd rewritable pioneer
550watt power supply
Lian Li P60 (black aluminium super cooling!)

This machine is tasty, even if I do say so myself!

Benchmarks:

31 second superpi
21000 in 3dmark 2001
4100 in 3dmark 2005

Right, I was figuring on flogging for 500-600?? What you guys think?

Soldato
unfortunately there is a forum for this, "Price Checks" in the members market... dont think you can access it yet though.
not going to give a number on what it would cost, but from a quick observation
Opteron should bring price up nicely, lots of interest and hard to come by
512mb of ram, not what a lot of people want these days... 1GB seems to be the norm (often more)
6800GT ... AGP... lacks future proofing

whats the PSU make?

Soldato
Just a shame about the hole in the side and the blue light! As for what it's worth, just cost up the individual components and take a bit off. Might get more for the individual bits on ebay.

Associate
OP
nikebee said:
unfortunately there is a forum for this, "Price Checks" in the members market... dont think you can access it yet though.
not going to give a number on what it would cost, but from a quick observation
Opteron should bring price up nicely, lots of interest and hard to come by
512mb of ram, not what a lot of people want these days... 1GB seems to be the norm (often more)
6800GT ... AGP... lacks future proofing

whats the PSU make?

sorry, the dfi is an nf3 AGP ultra-d :p

Yeah they changed the requirements for the MM, kinda stupid I think, because for me to access it, I have to go on an insane spam fest, something I'm a little above TY. Still, this post is +1 :p

I'm not planning on selling this comp to an overclocker, more to a mate/work colleague, who'll get a nice system without being ripped off by the usual high-street rip-off merchants. As I said, looking for 500-600, can change the ram to 1 gig, but it's expensive 1 gig :p Also can throw in a monitor 1 year old 19" tft for an extra £150, so maybe 750, which for someone without any pc experience will provide them enough power to play most games with them looking pretty :D. I was just asking do you think I'm asking too little or too much?

TY guys

Associate
Great starter system for somebody. Good job. :)

BTW i like the window and blue light too, unlike some. :D

£500 sounds fair.

Associate
OP
Combat squirrel said:
your 05 score is very very low, my agp 6800gt at 380mhz gets like 5500 on a 2.8ghz athlon 64, configure your computer properly, get new drivers, etc

what drivers are you using? Mind, I think I've got fastwrites turned off, yep, I waited and waited for dfi to get an agp board out, and when they did, it was a complete mess. Short of a divider, it's impossible to run 1t above 230 on the FSB, well now you know why I'm selling :) I jumped for an sli-D instead, x1800xt, ain't looked back since, 10170 in 3dmark 05. Most people who aren't 'enthusiasts' tend to have 17" monitors anyways, so the rig I'm selling can handle most games with nearly all options on at 1024, so I doubt it'll affect them.

Back
Top Bottom