Burnout Paradise Official Thread

Go a touch further north ;)

Hit the train tracks out past the country club (stay VERY central!!) - Tons of boost available (small jumps and under bridge walkway you jump down too) and an exit directly onto the halfway point of Read Lane :)

Like I said earlier - if I didn't get stuck on the bloody wall (oversteer out of read lane) I would have finished with 5+ secs to spare :)

Give it a go - less traffic too :D

Whats the best tactic for this , boosting much as you can or taking more careful and avoiding cars wall etc :confused:

Stunt one i'm stuck on but reckon i'll get that once I know map a bit better:)
I hate Marked Man races, I have tried boosting and outrunning them (doesn't work as they spawn close to your car) and I have tried taking it slow (doesn't work as one car pushes me sideways when another T-bones me)

What I do is take the Inferno van and just go and hope for the best, I did find that it is best to take shortcuts as the opponents usually stick to the roads.

I hate Marked Man races, I have tried boosting and outrunning them (doesn't work as they spawn close to your car) and I have tried taking it slow (doesn't work as one car pushes me sideways when another T-bones me)

What I do is take the Inferno van and just go and hope for the best, I did find that it is best to take shortcuts as the opponents usually stick to the roads.

Only done 8 of these but, I finding using a good all rounder like the Concept GT Carbon works well. Take lots of shortcuts. E.g in Harbour Town, follow the edge of the coast - you can through the whole area without being bothered at all :)

Only done 8 of these but, I finding using a good all rounder like the Concept GT Carbon works well. Take lots of shortcuts. E.g in Harbour Town, follow the edge of the coast - you can through the whole area without being bothered at all :)
I can confirm shorcuts are the best, I had to go from Downtown to the Observatory yesterday and I took the railroad from the start of the tunnel to the road closest to the observatory and only saw one car which I pushed against the side a few times without much trouble in the van, I did get smacked on the last bendy road but in the end the damage wasn't even critical.

Hmm...

Well i am considering buying this, as i am worried this is what will be mainly played at the LAN...

Is it really worth it, considering i haven't played any other Burnout, and didn't rate the DEMO very highly...?

Hmm...

Well i am considering buying this, as i am worried this is what will be mainly played at the LAN...

Is it really worth it, considering i haven't played any other Burnout, and didn't rate the DEMO very highly...?

Well if you plan on playing a racing game on the 360 at the LAN I can imagine Burnout Revenge being more fun in a group than PGR4 for instance. If you only want it for the LAN why not rent it for 3 days or something?

rp2000

Hmm...

Well the full game is just basically the demo with bigger map, tons more events and the periodical reward of new cars as an incentive to carry on (and achievements if you're into it).

There's not much replay value for me, it was a bit of a chore just getting the Elite license (finish all events) as it's the same old same old all way through.

I'd say rent it first.

Right, I have 28 events until el337 and one event is annoying the crap outta me - the the WRC burning route. Can anyone give me some tips as i alwasy seem to miss the turning out of the underground tunnels at the end. :(

You're always asking for help for games, are you just rubbish? :p

I haven't gone back to this game for over a week, it's just becoming the same thing over and over and over...

Nar its just the odd event that seems to cause probs. Had 3 goes last night and left it. Sure im missing some obvious shortcut somewhere.

Right, I have 28 events until el337 and one event is annoying the crap outta me - the the WRC burning route. Can anyone give me some tips as i alwasy seem to miss the turning out of the underground tunnels at the end. :(
er.. slow down maybe..? :D

I got this one at the 2nd attempt and I didn't even drive in the oncoming lane to gain boost, just drove straight, slowed down a little to take the shortcut just after the toll station, drifted round then straight to the finish. Think I had 2 seconds to spare. :)

BTW, how come you still have 28 events left? The WTR didn't show up for me until I had 18 events left..? :confused:

er.. slow down maybe..? :D

I got this one at the 2nd attempt and I didn't even drive in the oncoming lane to gain boost, just drove straight, slowed down a little to take the shortcut just after the toll station, drifted round then straight to the finish. Think I had 2 seconds to spare. :)

BTW, how come you still have 28 events left? The WTR didn't show up for me until I had 18 events left..? :confused:

Only did one burning route - only just started doing em. Have 16 events until elite.

Back
Top Bottom