Business Website

Associate
Hi all

Hope your all keeping well.

I was just wondering if anyone could recommend a good web hosting site to use for a business.

I don't have any HTML/web creating experience so am after one of those easy setup sites like godaddy.com etc, except it doesn't seem to get good reviews.

So yeah if anyone knows or uses a good one for their business i'd be interested to know which one.

Thank you

Soldato
I've been (disappointingly) having awful connectivity problems with all my sites hosted with tsohost over the last 3 or 4 days, I'd probably go for vidahost instead.

Soldato
I have 1and1, don't use them unless you want to have them call you and spam you mercilessly I only stay with them as they've been running my e-mail redirections etc and domain ownership for about ten years and I'm too lazy to move :p

Soldato
I've a VPS with 1&1, they are reliable in terms of uptime etc. No problems in that regard. Their customer services isn't bad, but it's far from good.

Point and case I bought my VPS package a year ago, paying monthly. They have since revised prices and features and I can now get twice a much hard-disk space for half the price. I raise a ticket asking for the new price and features, but they advise I must cancel my existing package and sign up again as there is 'no way they can give me the additional space etc.'

I'd believe them were it not for the regular emails offering me additional disk space (for a price).

Soldato
I used Fatcow when i had my hosting.

If you go all the way through the cart (entering card details etc) and click the close button it will ask you if your sure to close and offer you the cost half price. Nice little trick :p

Associate
If you want 10% off Vidahost hosting I found a code that worked last time for me: 10PERCENTBACK. Also on the same website there was VDSDISCOUNT for virtual server discounts. (Think its 15%)

Associate
For UK hosting I use Vidahost.

Vidahost do not have a website builder, as far as I am aware, but you can install stuff like Wordpress to create a fairly decent website using themes with no HTML knowledge. Some themes do not even look like a blog and do look quite decent for a business site.

I would personally stay away from things like Godaddy or 1and1.

Last edited:
Associate
Don't go anywhere near Godaddy. Their downtime is horrendous. I have tonnes of clients moving their sites from Godaddy to me. 1and1 customer service is shocking by all accounts. Again, I have clients moving to me because of this. Vidahost seems very popular on here although I've never used them.

As for actually building the website, I'd recommend going to somewhere like peopleperhour.com and finding a freelancer who likes to eat cold baked beans! They'll build you a site that'll work and look good but, if you're after a very professional site, budget 4 figures.

Soldato
You could use something like Opencart or Magneto if you wanted to use a powerful platform just to power the shopping side of the website but your have to skin it yourself or get a professional in to do it for you.

Back
Top Bottom