Butlins & Haven holidays?

Soldato
Hi people, thought i'd ask here since were all spread out across the Country, and we've all ages so i was hoping i could pick your brains about these types of holidays.

Basically i want to take a break in June, for a week, and i'm stuck on where to go first off, as i do not know much about the destinations or holiday packages.

I was thinking of going abroad, but its our 1st holiday (me the missus & our son) and our son is only 6months old now, and will be just under 1 when we go.

Obviously we want somewhere for things he can do, and really it has to have a nursery so we can leave him now and again and enjoy ourselves.

The Butlins holidays look canny, it would be Skegness for that destination, but the problem is their stupid rooms.

Basically i cant book an apartment for 2 adults and a space for a cot. I'd have to sleep in one room and him and his mother in another. Very clever these people at Butlins, i'm sure im not the only person in the UK that wants this option, maybe i am!!!

So that really leaves me (unless someone knows different) with Haven, but there are so many places to choose from.

So does anyone know of the good places, good resorts and good surroundings for the options they have:

http://www.havenholidays.com/main.aspx?affiliateid=19&source=google&keyword=haven

There's a map, maybe you live close to one of the resorts, or maybe you've been and would like to inform me how it went.

I need the most under 1 year old friendly place possible. I know there isn't much we can do at this age with him, but surely some places cater for his age.

Also if someone knows of somewhere else that could be an option, please suggest it. I'm from the North East, and would like to go as far South as possible, and i think £300 for the three of us for a week is decent enough money to be spending.

Cheers.

Steven.

Associate
dokko said:
Yeah they do, but when i do that it says that i need to split into two rooms to allow the cot.

Ah right, didn't know that, sorry.

If i were you i'd get on the phone to them and explain your needs, when you speak to someone instead of their website they might be able to help you out :)

Soldato
OP
RichieUK said:
Ah right, didn't know that, sorry.

If i were you i'd get on the phone to them and explain your needs, when you speak to someone instead of their website they might be able to help you out :)

Yeah, was the next step mate, surely there is a way round it.

Soldato
dokko said:
Hi people, thought i'd ask here since were all spread out across the Country, and we've all ages so i was hoping i could pick your brains about these types of holidays.

Basically i want to take a break in June, for a week, and i'm stuck on where to go first off, as i do not know much about the destinations or holiday packages.

I was thinking of going abroad, but its our 1st holiday (me the missus & our son) and our son is only 6months old now, and will be just under 1 when we go.

Obviously we want somewhere for things he can do, and really it has to have a nursery so we can leave him now and again and enjoy ourselves.

The Butlins holidays look canny, it would be Skegness for that destination, but the problem is their stupid rooms.

Basically i cant book an apartment for 2 adults and a space for a cot. I'd have to sleep in one room and him and his mother in another. Very clever these people at Butlins, i'm sure im not the only person in the UK that wants this option, maybe i am!!!

So that really leaves me (unless someone knows different) with Haven, but there are so many places to choose from.

So does anyone know of the good places, good resorts and good surroundings for the options they have:

http://www.havenholidays.com/main.aspx?affiliateid=19&source=google&keyword=haven

There's a map, maybe you live close to one of the resorts, or maybe you've been and would like to inform me how it went.

I need the most under 1 year old friendly place possible. I know there isn't much we can do at this age with him, but surely some places cater for his age.

Also if someone knows of somewhere else that could be an option, please suggest it. I'm from the North East, and would like to go as far South as possible, and i think £300 for the three of us for a week is decent enough money to be spending.

Cheers.

Steven.

You should have collected the recent 'sun £10 holidays' tokens, these are essentially EXACTLY the same holidays in the same parks as you would pay the £300 you are looking at, we use them every year for a cheap uk holiday, you pay £10 per person for a either a mon-fri or fri-mon holiday but you can book as many as you like, we did a 2 centre holiday last year for 4 of us for a total of £120 monday to monday (went to north devon mon-fri then to butlins fri-mon on the £15 peak time holidays - which are due out soon in the sun if you look out for them.

Infact, have a look at the website at http://www.thesun.co.uk/holidays

We're going to haggerston this year, you might want to look at perran sands in newquay if you want to go south, great park.

Last edited:
Soldato
dokko said:

I can do better than that, i use to work for haven at devon cliffs. :) To be honest your child is going to be to young for what butlins and haven (both owned by Bourne leisure) have to offer, there more directed at 3yr's+.

As the above poster though, the sun holidays is a great offer, though your going to get stung on the price of food and drink on these parks. But your not forced to eat and drink there and can bring your own shopping in, you wont be allowed to take it into the venues (guess you can use your pram to an advantage there ;))

Devon cliffs has just had a 10million make over, but i think they spent 1 million on upgrading and 9 million on games machines as most of the new complex is full of them.
Though it is a nice park and with a nice beach, the complex is just a machine to milk you of all your money, dont expect anything to be included in the price of the holiday and the same goes for butlins :)

Soldato
jamoor said:
be careful though, these types of places get you in for cheap and once your in they rip you off.

in what way? i can assure you they don't, you have exactly the same priviledges as full paying families, this i know for fact, shop prices are normal, we take these holidays every year, food is not extortionate etc so where do you get this info from?

Soldato
My mate is a Holiday Sales Administrator for Butlins, email me (in trust) and i will pass your details on for him.

Email me with your specifications and he will get back to you, i;ll see if i can get you some discount too.

I personally would go to Center Parcs, but they are NOT cheap. IMO with holidays, you get what you pay for. It's good you planning to do this with your young family though. :)

Soldato
I've been on plenty of Haven holidays, I always remembered enjoying them at the time. Normally lots to do on the site and they were clean with decent food. They definately try to cater for kids but i'm not so sure about under 1 year olds.

Soldato
wez130 said:
in what way? i can assure you they don't, you have exactly the same priviledges as full paying families, this i know for fact, shop prices are normal, we take these holidays every year, food is not extortionate etc so where do you get this info from?
My sister went to center parcs, everything was just well,, expensive according to her, like doing the activities.

Isn't butlins a similar setup?

Soldato
Butlins & Haven = Bourne leisure.

Same company different brand.
Initially a cheap holiday to rent the apartment/caravan, then you get there and get stung on drink/food/service prices. I dont even think they include your entertainment pass in the initial cost anymore!

Just a note, most of the haven campsites have private owners of caravans (infact it was something like 90% of the park i worked on was privately owned then sub letted back to haven and that was close to 1500 caravans). So it may be worth looking on google for owners as they will more often than not offer a better deal and a nicer caravan than haven

Permabanned
Been to a butlins when I was about 10 it was good but cheap, went to a centre parks when I was about 14 it was great, went to the sherwood forest one and the amount of stuff you could do was great but some of it you had to pay for.

Just booked a week in a cottage in yorkshire near the coast for £700 for my parents and sister and her family

Caporegime
Butlins are brilliant working class holidays at their best.

Been to nealry all of them when i was a kid or teeneager.

best is butlins holiday lager and ciggaretts they sold in the shop.

"20 butlins please love"

loololl happy memories.

Back
Top Bottom