Buy a X34A for £400 or wait for the new LG's in march?

Associate
Come on what should i do guys?

£400 is a good price for these monitors in good working order but will the new LG's be around the same price? is it worth the wait or are these LG's going to be twice that price anyway

I got offered a Preditor X34A for £400 with my Ultra wide LG monitor (which is worth £200 tops)

Associate
OP
I paid £600 a couple of months ago for my X34a & love it.
After selling my previous Acer monitor for £300, I thought it was a good deal.

Yeah if the sample is pretty solid, that is well worth the price. While there will be new panels which comes with nice features, they will be pricey and regardless, the X34A has a nice complement of specs. Exact same as my PG348Q and that is worth the price, so at half the price jump on it I say.

I have an X34a and its sublime.... if you can get one for that price You need to snap that up!

Thanks for the info guys, but I've just found out its a X34 and not an X34A :/ does this make much different should i still do it? I've seen online that the older one (X34) has a lot of issues and they brought out the X34A to fix some of those :/

Associate
OP
Primary difference was in the stand design I believe, X34A can swivel.

In regards to fix's, you can get a crappy sample to this day with even the PG348Q and X34A to be honest. The quality is hit and miss to an extent on these panels. As I say, if the sample is decent, so reasonable BLB / Glow (don't expect it to be perfectly black unlessin a dark room unless you get an amazing sample) no noticeable coil whine etc its still solid.

Right he says i can test before buying I'm going to take my PC down with me on this 2 hour drive, is there anything i can run to test the pannel for everything? maybe a bit of software that runs all colour bits and sharpness screen tearing etc etc, he also stated he could never get it to go over 95hz but I also don't think he knows too much about computers and is just a pure gamer

Associate
OP
Okay guys guess I'll take and 2 hour drive tomorrow and see how it is mainly on coil whine and screen tearing, he says he has a PC with lots of games i can test :)

Associate
OP
£400 seems a steal at that price, get it whilst you can.

Just worried with the amount of bad outcomes from these monitors, see a lot of people on here complaining. But i guess for that price it's worth a shot ey? its more the 2 hour drive I'm bothered about losing out on haha

Associate
OP
I've got the monitor :)

Very happy with it guys, even though i paid £370 which is very cheap i still feel like the extra £370 just for G-sync and 1440p and curve may be a little over the top.

Still beautiful monitor, and yes lots of back light bleed lol.

I should be turning V Sync off in games and just leaving G sync on in the NVCP?

Associate
OP
Hm I would say more like moderate BLB and quiet coil whine, would be a good sample, I have seen 3 and they all had BLB and coil whine, some a bit better some a bit worse, obviously I would like an X34 with no coil whine or BLB, but I don't think that exists, still for 400 I would definitely get that, compared to the other options its a very good deal.

tbh I don't hear any coil whine at all but there is a lot of BLB.

My GTX 980TI only just manages to run most games in high settings, can't decide weather to go SLI with another 980TI or sell the 980 and buy a 1080.

Really want the SLI look though as theres too much free space in my case lol

Associate
OP
So is coil whine expected with these? I got the Freesync version of the Acer Ultrawide secondhand for 400 with minimal BLB (In my opinion) and it's completely silent (75 hz 34" 3440x1440),
Is the coil whine related to manually overclocking the panel?
I ask as mine is a native 75hz and as far as I know there's no way to overclock it but even so I think I'd be happier with a silent 75 hz than a whiney 90-100 hz.
I'm looking at getting a 4k uw in 2020 maybe and depending on AMD's situation at that time I may go for a G-sync model.

Mine doesn't coil whine at all and its clocked to a stable 95hz, I think I'll be keeping this for another 5 years or so until my card issues 1440p without any problems on Ultra settings.

Back
Top Bottom