Buy Cheap Buy Twice - New Spec Time

n3x

n3x

Associate
I decided to hell with it im gonna overhaul my rig and spend what i should have done in the first place!

Can you's experts have a quick gander at these parts and tell me if there is anything i should be worried about or suggest somethin better please :)

Ill be keeping these....

Opteron 146
G.Skill
Hiper (keeping for now)
I have a choice of Geforce 7800GT or an x1800 xt (i'll probly keep the x1800)

Im thinking about getting these...

Lian-Li PC-7 PLUS Black Aluminium Midi-Tower Case
DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D
Scythe Ninja Plus Heatpipe CPU Cooler

I'd considered getting the EXPERT but i doubt i'll ever go SLi (again) and any advice as always would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
fenderbass86 said:
I think you should definatly get the X1800XT, the DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D. I would get a seasonic/Enermax/Tagan PSU later when you can.

I already have an x1800 xt it just refuses to work :(

When i have more spare cash I will get one of those 3 psu's later on, im finding it hard to choose between the 3 tho :rolleyes:

I noticed that DFI board has some fairly meaty hs's around the cpu... was abit concerned they may get in the way of the ninjas fan :confused: it looks like it should clear it but i'd like to be sure.

EDIT: Is it best to have the CPU fan blowing towards the back and out of the case or blowing up over the ram towards the PSU?? This was one of the reasons i was considering the EXPERT.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom