• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Buyers rights

Associate
I was just checking out the price of the 1080ti's on overclockers when at the top of the search for the 1080ti's was the rtx 2070 so I just wanted to see if any specs were listed in its description to compare them, that is when I noticed this in the description which I'm sure comes from Nvidia and not overclockers.
The GeForce RTX 2070 delivers truly unique real-time ray-tracing technologies for cutting-edge, hyper-realistic graphics, this means the RTX 2070 is light years ahead of other cards and gives you the most realistic gaming experience ever. The RTX cards also are the first graphics cards to feature GDDR6 memory that has a speed of 14Gbps (14,000 MHz).
So if iwere to buy this card and find the 1080ti kicks it butt, where would I stand legally if I was dissatisfied and felt miss sold this product.
bearing in mind how old the 1080ti is.

Associate
OP
I am not particularly interested in the quote above - there have been many statements made which if untrue would be legally considered as misleading such as the 35-45% faster than previous gen statement. Plus the law doesn't state the the statement has to be untrue - it is enough to show that people would be misled from the statement irrespective of whether it is technically true or not.
This is why I posted it as when I read it that is the part that caught my eyes about it being light years ahead.

Associate
OP
If Nvidia come out on media day and say apologies we said a performance improvement of 35-45% earlier but due to unforeseen circumstances we are unable to achieve that and it's actually 15-25%. And then they put that in advertising blurb for the card. That isn't against the law.
Even if its not against any law surely its not good business to get a customers money when they pre ordering a product with the impression it will be of x, y, z standard but come release day its missing Y.

Back
Top Bottom