buying a stupid-good rig...ideas?

Associate
I've got the following system lined up:

BU-027-OK (Bundle) £510.95
GX-009-BG (Geforce 7800 GTX 256) £346.57
HD-089-MD (HDD - maxtor 300Gb) £88.07

Basically, I'm not too interested in opinions in what I should get differently. I've done my research and I will be pretty happy with the resulting system.

My only question is one of compatability. The bundle should take care of 80% of the worry, but my last Geforce was so incompatable it hurt. Any thoughts on this?

cheers

Associate
OP
Thanks for the ideas. Not to be completely set in stone, I will of course check out the potential of the x1900. My allegence is not to any particular vendor. Yet. :p

My main concern is this is going to explode my credit card. It is a LOT of money, which is why I'm trying to make sure it'll all work (as much as you can, anyway)...

The benefit of the bundle being 'proven' is, I guess, why I'm paying up in that respect. Too many mistakes made with the old compatability.

Again, thanks for your thoughts :)

Associate
OP
Think the (GX-113-SP) -
Sapphire ATI Radeon X1900 XT-X 512MB GDDR3 AVIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express)

Would cut the mustard, so to speak?
Again, interested in known compatability really.

Associate
OP
hehe, yeah, I did the same maths. I was surprised actually since bundles normally save a little.
I guess it's just so you know they'll work together for hardware 'noobs' like me :D

Associate
OP
I did some reasearch into the x1900. I'm quite impressed.
Although the see-saw will always swing back and forth, I am content to spend the extra £20 or so for the x1900 XTX. (special offer, woot!)

So that's the order placed. I'll post my 3dmark scores when I get the rig sorted if anyone's interested.

Back
Top Bottom