Buying cigarettes in Berlin

Soldato
Hi there.

Im heading to Berlin in a few days, and i want to get some smokes for Reading festival.

Is it cheaper to buy in Duty free here, Duty free in Berlin or out and about in Berlin?

Im after 2 things, 200 Marlborough lights, and 200 Menthol of some kind, the cheaper the better.

Any idea how much each of these would be?

Cheers

Hi there.

Im heading to Berlin in a few days, and i want to get some smokes for Reading festival.

Is it cheaper to buy in Duty free here, Duty free in Berlin or out and about in Berlin?

Im after 2 things, 200 Marlborough lights, and 200 Menthol of some kind, the cheaper the better.

Any idea how much each of these would be?

Cheers

I think I am wrong but if traveling within the EU I don't think you are entitled to duty free?

you're best off getting some rolling baccy from the shops in Berlin. it was about €6 for a 50g pack of rolling baccy (drum, golden virginia all that kind of stuff) which was as cheap or cheaper than the stuff in duty free. the people who bought actual cigs in Berlin said they were around the same price as the UK.

We take my mum over to Belgium every 4 months so she can stock up on cigarettes.
Marlboro gold (19/190) for example are £38.50 - so don't know how much of a saving that is over UK pricing.
Tabacco is around £3.75 for 50gr of Golden Virginia - which I'm told is a good saving over UK prices.

As said above, need to travel outside EU for Duty Free and then you're entitled to 200 at that price.

We take my mum over to Belgium every 4 months so she can stock up on cigarettes.
Marlboro gold (19/190) for example are £38.50 - so don't know how much of a saving that is over UK pricing.
Tabacco is around £3.75 for 50gr of Golden Virginia - which I'm told is a good saving over UK prices.

As said above, need to travel outside EU for Duty Free and then you're entitled to 200 at that price.

Do you go to Adinkerke? I was thinking of going on a day trip to there from London. I heard it's OK to bring back 3kg of tobacco every 6 months and any more frequent they start asking questions. £11 for 50g Cutters Choice here but £3.40 over there. Assuming it is Adinkerke, which shop do you use?

Last edited:
Do you go to Adinkerke? I was thinking of going on a day trip to there from London. I heard it's OK to bring back 3kg of tobacco every 6 months and any more frequent they start asking questions. £11 for 50g Cutters Choice here but £3.40 over there. Assuming it is Adinkerke, which shop do you use?

We use the shop called "Real Tobacco"
If you Google them and look at their shop in Adinkerke you can see all their prices online.

Back
Top Bottom