Buying GTA 5 which version

Soldato
I am looking to pick up GTA 5 on my Xbox. I can see there is an xs enhanced version for £9 but that is online only. I see there is a “premium edition”, which appears to be the version with the actual game included, for £18 but that is not xs enhanced. The prices are with a game pass discount.

I would like to play both the single player and maybe multiplayer with xs enhancements is that not possible?

Won't any version automatically become xs enhancements?

I found this confusing recently, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

Multiplayer is free too iirc so buying the single player will give you gtavo access?

The "premium edition" is an old product that included the Xbox one last gen version of the game and some stuff to get you started in GTA Online. You don't want this version.

There are two main versions now - there is one that is just the Xbox Series X | S enhanced version, and another that has the X | S enhanced version and the previous gen Xbox one version - you don't want this one. This is what you want:

The GTA 5 "premium edition" included a separate chargable DLC called the crminal enterprise starter pack which gave you a bunch of stuff free to start you off. But that gave you a bunch of stuff that was in the game back when this DLC launched in 2017.

Since then the game has been completely overhauled, and many many new businesses added. They've made the introduction into GTA online a lot easier now with the career builder which you get for free without needing to buy a separate purchasble DLC, and it gives you a choice of free stuff from a range of the newer businesses:

Be warned however - GTA online is becoming an absolute cash grab that bares no resemblence to the single player game anymore. More and more of thew new content is being locked behind their pay subscription GTA+. If you were expecting the GTA online to be a fun online version of story mode - that ship sailed many years ago. Recommend you watch some videos on youtube to explain the current state of the game. Recommend you watch TGG's guide:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom