Buying old comics/annuals from online auction sites ( The nostalgia factor )

Permabanned
Just thinking back to a few years ago where I went though a faze of wanting to buy back all the comic annuals I had lost over the years. Tiger, Buster, Whizzer and Chips etc, all from the years I would have had them. I seem to have over done it with Oor Wullie and The Broons though, must have bought a decades worth (only 10) I gave them a little look through and yeah it sucks to get old as well yo can guess they weren't as I remembered, and the GF was giving me looks sat there with them lol.
She did enjoy reading through The Broons books though.

Now they are just put away gathering dust.

Soldato
I bought a few old Monster Fun comics, from the 70s, a few years back. They were pretty good, but they're never as good as you think they were.

Old 2000ADs, on the other hand, are still great. I couldn't believe how horrifically violent they were, but most of the humour still works.

Permabanned
OP
I read a few 2000AD Judge Dread's at the library (gawd I was poor, a treat I got excited about then was a bag of chippy chips )
I enjoyed them but didn't go out of my way for them.

Ah yes The Beezer, I can only remember the Numbskulls though. Remember John Menzies used to have a massive mini comic book section.

Soldato
I’ve just been given a collection of original Eagle annuals including the first one. Also a big pile of Eagle comics. I’ve not looked at them properly as I’m afraid of opening them up as they’re so fragile!

I had a large collection of Victor, Warlord, Hotspur, etc, etc annuals from the late 60s to early 90s. Donated them to the Dundee University comic archive as they’d get more use there than sitting on my shelves.

Soldato
2000ad had some stonking artists. some of the stories were pretty brutal for the late 70s, great fun though. still surprised Flesh hasn't been optioned as a film or manga or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom