Buying Used

Soldato
Hi all

This weekend i plan to visit a local dealer who has an 09 Street Triple for £3,900. Only 11,500 miles, FSH and Arrow Slip ons.

Some questions:

I've not bought Used before so is there anything to look out for?

When a bike is that low of a price is there any point in a deposit?

Is it better to get a bank loan or go through the finance company provided?

Cheers

Soldato
OP
Soldato
OP
  1. You apply for the loan to the value that you want. If it's £6k then apply for £6k unless you want more to cover accessories/insurance etc.
  2. Once granted the loan company transfer you a lump sum. Usually, via bank transfer.
  3. You use your newly acquired wealth to make the purchase as a regular customer
Normally, that's it. However, I'm sure someone will point it out but if you want to get complex...

You could probably haggle more discount on a PCP deal than a cash buyer (as weird as that sounds) so if you want to complicate things you'd get a loan as per steps 1-3, but agree a deal on PCP with the dealer... then ring the finance company and use your lump sum to pay for the bike after a month. This nets you the discounts that the dealer can offer on new bikes with PCP but it's probably more hassle than it's worth and may not apply to an older bike :p

Just went on money saving expert to see what it throws back at me, it gave me a list of companies with the details of the loan and then said at the bottom of each one said 0% Elegibility... What does that mean?

Soldato
OP
Not being funny here but I have seen many of your threads about having no money. Are you sure getting into debt again is wise.

Just saying like.

I see where your coming from bud, ive sorted my finances out now i was struggling to pay my CBR as it was £230 just for the bike, then i had Insurance, rent, phone etc.. However for the last 2 months ive not had a bike as i sold it to clear finance and no longer have contract phone to pay... The street triple on finance works out at £90ish a month which is considerably less than the CBR...

Back
Top Bottom