1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying Used

Discussion in 'Biker's Cafe' started by Minibiker, May 22, 2018.

1. wedrum

Soldato

Not being funny here but I have seen many of your threads about having no money. Are you sure getting into debt again is wise.

Just saying like.

2. tom_e

Man of Honour

Or thoughts on filtering.

3. .one.

Mobster

And polishing your tank god forbid.

4. tom_e

Man of Honour

Apparently I should have died already.

5. .one.

Mobster

I know the mind boggles :D

6. InvaderGIR

Capodecina

This was my first thought to be honest.

7. Captain

Capodecina

You have survived Wolverhampton so to die from a polished tank would be very embarrassing.

8. EVH

Don

I have deleted a few posts plus it was a comment about a carry over argument from another thread.

9. Minibiker

Soldato

I see where your coming from bud, ive sorted my finances out now i was struggling to pay my CBR as it was £230 just for the bike, then i had Insurance, rent, phone etc.. However for the last 2 months ive not had a bike as i sold it to clear finance and no longer have contract phone to pay... The street triple on finance works out at £90ish a month which is considerably less than the CBR...

10. Scort

Mobster

Fair enough, thought I was going mad :D

11. Philz0r

Wise Guy

I just wanted to add:

when you go look at the bike, don't let anyone pressure you into buying it if you are not 100% sure on it, many times dealers or friends will try to push you to buy it. keep a level head, mark down anything about the bike you're not happy with and ask as many questions as you can.

when they know you're in two minds, they usually say "you can secure the bike for a refundable £100 deposit". this is entirely up to you, but if the bike has been there 3 weeks, and you're still not sure, I doubt its going to sell in the next 2 days. if you haven't left a deposit your mind is still open to other bikes, where as if you leave a deposit you kinda will always be thinking about it.