Bye Bye Game!

Soldato
OP
Slough is inhabitated by 3 toed sloths though...I only visit when I go and see the MIL (mother-in-law)

*No 3 toed sloths have actually been seen loose in Slough, it's a pun*

Soldato
OP
went into Shrewsbury Game and the guy there said so far it had made little difference to them, and I must admit it was dead but then again it was a lovely Sunday afternoon...

Soldato
OP
having read a bit more about this it appears that OpCaptiva have got cold feet now...so they will be closed by end of the week and let's see if anyone has the balls to take them on

Soldato
OP
nope sad day all around, but even sadder is that digging around it appears no-one is particularly interested any more in picking up the pieces. It appears the management have just burnt too many bridges with suppliers etc. and have such large amounts of worthless shops that nobody will do anything until the company has all but gone completely...

Soldato
OP
perhaps...anything is possible, but it's stalled so far now anyone will wait till they're dead and buried before splashing any cash. To admit the company is worthless has been suicidal

Soldato
OP
looks like this weekend is it, and they'll be a new company on monday with gamestation gone and huge redundancies. Creditors are furious as it's already apparent this "new" venture will fail like the last one, and this administration will basically screw investors

Soldato
OP
In Stafford the only game shops I know of are:

Game
Gamestation
Disks and Disks

Disks and Disks closed down I don't know how long ago, and I used to go to one of those and switch between them to find who was cheaper when buying a new game.

I usually pre-order online but sometimes I forget and sometimes nobody can find our house so it somtimes gets delayed, so these shops were usefull when that happens.

What about the one behind Maccy D's in town?

Soldato
OP
anyone doubting how inept the management have been read this article...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/leisure/9166190/Rescue-hope-for-Game-Group.html

How could a set of managers refuse to accept a bid that would prevent a company entering into administration unless it means they financially benefit, because the company is next to worthless now it has actually entered administration without a prepack deal in place. RBS are now willing to stump up some cash because they are in administration and this means a large proportion of their debts will be wiped out. I hope the managers are not allowed near a business again...but we all know that won't happen

Back
Top Bottom