C# Group Project

Soldato
I was wondering if anyone wanted to create a group C#.Net project?

I've recently started to get back into programming and I'm looking at improving my technique and coding standards.
I just have learnt about the SOLID principles and I'm eager to put it to the test. I also have never looked into Unit testing nor TDD and I'd be looking to implement that too.

I think having a group will allow me to force myself out of my comfort zone and to improve my coding if other people are dependant on it.
Recently I started work on a Pitstop strategy calculator for a racing game called Project CARS. The application, was badly written and I think most of the code was within one class which is a major issue. As I said, because I'm the only one coding it, I fall into habits and stay safe.

Would anyone be interested in starting the same project from scratch and designing, testing and implementing correctly?

I can give more details how the application worked and what the end result was, however I'm at work at the moment and don't have the code.

If anyone is interested then let me know.

Regards,

Blackvault

Soldato
OP
That's the thing, I haven't worked in programming. I do have a Comp Sci degree but it's not really used in my day to day job as a Customer Support Analyist. I think 1 or 2 hours sounds fine. I've just heard about Solid too!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks for all the interest expressed.

Thanks for you're offer of code reviews Haircut. I'm sure that will be helpful. I also take on board your points regarding how difficult it can be without a strong leadership. Hopefully the project will run until the end of the application, however even if it doesn't, anything learnt in the meantime will still be useful.

In regards to the application, my previous version, attempted to calculate the best strategy for a racer during a race based on a number of variables such as fuel usage, fuel capacity, tyre degradation, tyre compound and average lap time. This calculation was a theoretical best, however I then wanted to take it a stage further and connect the application up to pCar's API and have the strategy update in "real ish time" and to readjust itself.

I have a Github setup for my current C# application for one of the racing league's in Project Cars so we could use that space if people wanted?

Blackvault

Back
Top Bottom