C8 incoming

Soldato
EbgobA6.jpg

WZq0Avk.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I didn't realise that MSI coined the term "project zero" for the rear side motherboard connectors, thanks for the info.

I'm not sure of the uptake that this format will have, time will tell I suppose. However I know that retooling a motherboard tray and adding additional space behind the montherboard tray can cost case manufacturers a 6 figure retooling cost in USD in some cases. So it is a massive undertaking to do that. I would expect that future new tooling projects would be more likely to consider this, but most cases that have recently launched or will launch in the next 6 months will have had the tooling created a while back now, because typically the time frame to design, make and mass produce a new case design is upwards of 6 months at least, with it often hitting 9-12 months lead time.

Soldato
OP
Honestly not sure currently. I have the case here but I don't have a vertical GPU mount kit for me to test. I will ask my HQ whether it has the space.

It looks like it will just about or just not be able too from the images we have.

NCtDEAC.png

I guess it may depend on what V-Mount you use and also what rad/fans you use. But let me find out tomorrow.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks.

I have the o11 dynamic at the moment but im flogging the full pc, so thinking of getting this case. But the issue i had with the o11 was that with a v-mounted gpu, i could fit fans but no rad at the bottom.

Im wanting 3 x 360 rads. Not that i need 3, I just want 3
Regretably you cannot install a Vertical mount with a rad/fan config in the base.

The reply I received from our PM stated:

Code:
Hi Lee,
If you are using vertical GPU, no room for radiator. C8 has 8pcie slot, if you are taking 7pcie slot, only 33-30mm room in between.
You need to have at least 53mm with radiator and fan.
Eric

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Back
Top Bottom