Cabinet with sliding shelves

Man of Honour
I'm not entirely sure what the right name for it is but we're after something like this:

1725277080503.jpeg

Mainly for the kid's lego and their millions of creations. At the moment it's just stacked on any/every available worksurface possible, and it's just not feasibly for the long term.

I'm after a solution like the above - I can't for the life of me find anything like it, but perhaps I'm using the wrong terms in my searches. Have any of you come across something like this? If so can you point me to it please?

Thank you! :)

Just looks like drawers with no back/sides and a tiny front?

Architects drawers look similar if you remove the middle drawers :D

Yeah I was wondering whether they existed "out of the box" so to speak. I think it's a neat solution for the kid's lego. I mean I thought something like from Ikea could be good:

1725277800314.png

But I sort of like the other solution better.

Do you guys have the same issue with dozens of lego creations that you must not under any circumstances destroy?

Do you guys have the same issue with dozens of lego creations that you must not under any circumstances destroy?
Dude I moved out like 15 years ago and I still have full built Lego my mum isn't allowed to breakup.

I'd be tempted to buy some kind of IKEA unit that is "mostly there" and then hack the drawers to bits. Looks like a fun way of achieving the goal though.

Dude I moved out like 15 years ago and I still have full built Lego my mum isn't allowed to breakup.

I'd be tempted to buy some kind of IKEA unit that is "mostly there" and then hack the drawers to bits. Looks like a fun way of achieving the goal though.

haha! I'm the same, though I have enough space to have it in my own home, and my folks live over 2000 miles away in another country so had no choice!

Yes I think you're right I will buy the ikea unit and butcher it probably.

Yeah I was wondering whether they existed "out of the box" so to speak. I think it's a neat solution for the kid's lego. I mean I thought something like from Ikea could be good:

1725277800314.png

But I sort of like the other solution better.

We have 2 of these for boy's lego. They do deeper draws (sic) too that take up 2 spaces. Top is covered in base boards but I'd quite like to get a custom one to fit the whole top.

Doesn't look like you can buy them currently and they also don't appear to ship to the UK.

That said, you could quite easily make something like this. B&Q sell melamine-faced furniture board, drawer runners aren't expensive and neither are handles...

Back
Top Bottom