Cable hunting - FDD to Slimline sata power

Associate
OP
Personally, i've never heard or seen such a cable going from the FDD power to molex. Have seen plenty the other way around. But doing a quick google search I can actually find they appear to exist, one example being:
59a039817cd382.88373868.jpg

Not the same brand, but you could do a search for

InLine - Floppy to SATA Power Adaptor​

There's plenty of fdd to sata power, but it's the slimline sata power which is causing me a headache.

4i1ydn0.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I think the reason you've struggled so far in finding an answer, is that perhaps such an adapter might not exist.

If you wanted to remove the bulk of adapters, you could find the voltages going into the slimline SATA power connector (I'm guessing 5v going by the presence of the red wire) and bodging up your own connector. If you were you able to solder the wires, you might be inclined to say that that way is safer than using a series of adapters, otherwise it might be just as risky.
I appreciate that you are trying to help, but I have already considered everything you have suggested.

The use case is very specific, hence me making this thread.

If someone is able to source the adapter I am asking about it really would be awesome.

I have contacted several cable / adapter manufacturers, just waiting on a reply.

Back
Top Bottom