Cable Management Grommits

Caporegime
Just taken delivery of the obsidian 550d, which I'm fair impressed with thus far.

The cable management consists of routing as many cables as possible through the rubber grommits behind the mobo tray and as the HDDs are side on with the connections facing the usually non opening side, the sata connectors too. This leads to the connectors really being jammed up against the side door. Has anyone had any problems with this sort of system damaging cabling/hdd connectors? There really isn't a huge amount of room in the cabling ducts..

Soldato
Do you mean the sata data connectors, power connectors or both are being jammed up against the side? If I hadn't used 90 degree connectors in my 500R they almost certainly would have hit the door.

Associate
It's my main grumble about this case - just not enough room behind the motherboard tray. Been running ok for the last couple of weeks but I think I'll be replacing my SATA cables with right-angle ones...

Caporegime
OP
I've ordered some. It is an annoyance - seems silly to me that you would design a case like this without enough space behind the tray. Grumble.

Back
Top Bottom