cable mod or bitfenix

Soldato
Bitfenix are extensions I believe which need to be plugged into the original modular cables.

Cablemods are proper cables which you can use to replace the original modular cables. (make sure you order the correct ones for your PSU)

Cablemods will be better if you think longer cables maybe awkwards to cable tidy, but bitfenix extensions are better if you want longer cables :)

Associate
what cables did you get with you evga p2?

My original cables were just standard black braided which didn't look too bad, changed since mind.

actually just looked over them again, they look much worse than I remember!

Last edited:
Associate
cheers for the replies guys, i want complete replacements back to the psu the stock cables on my evga P2 are ugly lol

I have the evga p2 1200W platinum and went with cablemods, looks great. :)

I also have a super flower 1200W platinum (light up connectors at psu side) and had a custom set made, red telios sleeving from Pexson pcs. Took ages, cost me a fortune (£150 ish) and didn't work! 6+2 connectors were actually arcing, fortunately psu is quality and prevented my Titan X from being killed.

That's the reason I have the evga psu. Fortunately, now super flower do modded cables for these I can finally use this in another build (Pexson cannibalise your cables to make these due to the light up connectors). Oh, and they came back a cable short too, suspect they messed one up or broke one of cube connectors, won't be using them ever again. :mad:

Best

Wulf

Soldato
I have the evga p2 1200W platinum and went with cablemods, looks great. :)

I also have a super flower 1200W platinum (light up connectors at psu side) and had a custom set made, red telios sleeving from Pexson pcs. Took ages, cost me a fortune (£150 ish) and didn't work! 6+2 connectors were actually arcing, fortunately psu is quality and prevented my Titan X from being killed.

That's the reason I have the evga psu. Fortunately, now super flower do modded cables for these I can finally use this in another build (Pexson cannibalise your cables to make these due to the light up connectors). Oh, and they came back a cable short too, suspect they messed one up or broke one of cube connectors, won't be using them ever again. :mad:

Best

Wulf

They had a batch of bad plugs which I also received but the PSU tester they included picked up the problem before using in the system. They replaced the incorrect cables within a few days.

Associate
Are the P2 cables difficult to work with? I know G2s are really stiff and not great. I'm in the market for a new PSU and P2 would be a consideration.

It just annoys me that you pay £100+ for PSU and then have to spend even more to get decent cables.

Soldato
OP
Are the P2 cables difficult to work with? I know G2s are really stiff and not great. I'm in the market for a new PSU and P2 would be a consideration.

It just annoys me that you pay £100+ for PSU and then have to spend even more to get decent cables.

yes they are awful, rather rigid with big chunks of heat shrink, a magnet thingy(can't remember what they are called) then just plain red cables for the pci-e the other cables are black but the same thing, Pic in the spoiler so you can see hat i mean

20160617_002258.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom