• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Cable to hook up card from 7m away? DP? HDMI?

Associate
I am trying to hook my AMD card up to a 4K 120hz projector that is 7m away and realising there is more to it than i first thought. The card had Mini DP and a HDMI connector and the projector has HDMI and DP ports. I see different standards for both and talk about active and optical so my question is what cable do I require? Thanks

Associate
You need to find out which version of hdmi it is for both devices. You will need both to support hdmi 2.1 and a 10 meter hdmi 2.1 cable to meet your needs.

I'd probably go for a fibre optic cable at that distance.

Hdmi 2.0 maxes out at 4k 60 I think.

Last edited:
Soldato
I am trying to hook my AMD card up to a 4K 120hz projector that is 7m away and realising there is more to it than i first thought. The card had Mini DP and a HDMI connector and the projector has HDMI and DP ports. I see different standards for both and talk about active and optical so my question is what cable do I require? Thanks

One of these (pick the length you need) :-

I use the 20m ones and always worked with no issues and great price too, just make sure to connect them right way as they are directional.

Last edited:
Associate
I have a 30m HDMI cable running between my PC and TV - As long as you get an active HDMI cable, it's absolutely fine. You'll want to make sure that it is an ultra high speed cable though, otherwise it'll top out at 60fps at 4k.

I agree with @Purgatory's selection, looks to do the job nicely. If you're laying it around corners or anything, you may need to be a little careful with how tight you make the turn on the cable - Should be fine as long as you don't try to fold it in half, or around a tight right angle or anything.

Associate
Just to add my experience here, I use a 5m lead from a company called Etseinri that I purchased from the rainforest and that works perfectly, get a 4K 120Hz 4:4:4 10-bit HDR signal with no issues. The fibre optic one Purgatory posted does look like it's slimmer and more flexible however, which could be useful.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom