Cables through garage wall and under path

Soldato
Im getting the drive and side path done in a few weeks time and I want to run some electrical cable, speaker wire and might throw in a network cable or 2 to future proof things.

Is there a preferred method to drill through the garage wall? I guess it needs to be above the damp course?

Then what should I use to run the cables in down the outside wall and then what to use for the section that will go under the path? I’d like the outside wall to look as neat as possible.

Finally, how deep does it need to be? It’s getting block paved if that makes a difference.

Thanks.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the very detailed post. I’ll look into the bits you have suggested.

Does anyone know the length of drill bit that I’ll need to get through breeze block and an outer course of bricks?

Soldato
OP
Thanks both for the detailed posts. Very useful.

I also used a long SDS drill bit to drill diagonally downwards from the inside of the garage to ensure the cables run under a concrete path outside and to stop water ingress in the interim

Are you saying that you would drill from the inside to under the path on the outside? Wouldn’t that go through the damp course?

Soldato
OP
Wasn’t sure if it would be an issue with water rising up the hole if it was under the path level on the outside?

Also, if I do it that way will I need to drill down to 600 on the outside? Will that be possible?

Back
Top Bottom