Cake

Soldato
I like eating cake and I like making cake, so here's a little thread dedicated to all things cakey.

I started doing iced cupcakes last year for my daughter's 3rd birthday. She had requested a caterpillar cake and, following a bit of googling for inspiration, this is what she got
6233934571_13f107d1cd_z.jpg

This year she asked for a princess castle cake. I was quite looking forward to this one and had it planned about 2 months in advance. I finised it about 1am and forgot to do the flags for the top of the turrets, but otherwise I'm pretty pleased with it.

6233934353_2278822d75_z.jpg

It's my birthday next week so the folks in the office are going to get mocca cupcakes, a lemon drizzle cake and fruit fingers. Lucky blighters.

Associate
I like Cake.....and yours are brilliant, I will get some pictures posted of the cake the GF has made...

ummm Cake.....yum yum...

GJUK

Soldato
OP
My mum used to make these for me when I was young, I had an awesome cake like those every year until I was about 6 or 7 - loved them.

Respect to you for putting the effort in :)

- GP

Me too and that's exactly why I put the effort in. I fondly remember a cricket match, a zoo and a judo tatami with two lego men dressed in fondat gis. :D

Angry Birds cupcakes are outstanding. Why did you ever get rid?

Soldato
Me too and that's exactly why I put the effort in. I fondly remember a cricket match, a zoo and a judo tatami with two lego men dressed in fondat gis. :D

Angry Birds cupcakes are outstanding. Why did you ever get rid?

I remember Humpty Dumpty on a wall, full model Optimus prime, a train with about 3 carriages (steam train) and a ninja turtle head :D I think my mum has the photos at her place - if I can find them Ill post the pics

- GP

Soldato
My mum's made me some pretty insane cakes over the years of my youth for single digit birthdays. I'll have to try see if I can find some pics of em. I'll be sure to post them up if I do.

Back
Top Bottom