Calling all Enermax Liberty owners, I need your help.

Associate
You may or may not remember my last thread about my Liberty 400w, well I had problems with a bang from the supply and straining noises coming from it.
I rma'd it last week and after tests they found out that one of the 12v lines had failed and issued me with a replacement.

I recieved it yesterday and all was fine, I go to start it up this morning and its making this stupid straining noise again, it does it for about 10 minutes and then the noise stops completly, I phoned up Enermax and they say it could be just the fan running at full speed until it can read a temp from the mobo.

So do any other Liberty users get any of these noises at start-up, I think its a load of rubbish to be honest, and to make the problem wierder, it only makes the straining noise from a cold boot.

Also to add, there is no other problems with the supply, rails are solid and it passes all the benchs/tests I can throw at it. Please help.

Edit: and its defantly more than capable as its only running a Celeron/X600/512mb 1 optical and 1 HDD

Cheers for the reply, I thought Enermax were suposed to be a really good make, I read plenty of reviews before buying and was swayed between the Enermax and Tagan, Do I wish I took the Tagan now, had a Tagan 480w a couple of years ago and didnt have 1 problem in 2 years, I have had no end of problems with 2 Liberty supplies in the space of 2 weeks.

The noise is like a deep straining noise, thats the best I can describe it, and yes it only happens on a cold boot. Im not that impressed at all, this build has been nothing but problems, seriously considering just giving up on computers all together.

Yeah, I should be able to do a recording in the morning as its not making the noise at the moment, its quite a hard one to explain, if you can imagine what sort of noise a normal 120mm fan makes, its that noise just a lot lot deeper.

Ah thats really interesting Dutch Guy, maybe the chugging/straining noise is just a start up noise and because I had the last supply blow one of the 12v lines I associated it to the noise.

Like I say, there are no problems with the supplys performance, the rails are solid even with full load, I'll see how it goes for now. Thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom