Calling Enermax users or those who know

Associate
After much deliberation, reviews read, posts read etc, I have decided to go for the Enermax EG701AX 600W PSU. Coming in at £25 cheaper than the Seasonic (when including delivery) this seems to makes a sound choice.

I'm just after peoples opinions really as to whether it's a good choice? I'll be running the following:

Asus A8N32-SLi
Opteron 144 OC to 3.06
2 x 7800GT
2GB standard RAM
3 x 120mm fans

In terms of noise level, the Seasonic is supposed to be quieter but the Enermax is also meant to be relatively quiet isn't it?

Ready to make purchase today

Thanks

Tom

Associate
I am running the same psu. it is very quiet and voltages are rock steady.

You will have no problems with the psu and your suggested set up.

Matt

Associate
OP
Well I think I have my answer, thanks guys!!

Everythings sat there ready to go, just not enough power! So frustrating to see a 7800GT sat there doing nothing!

Suspended
Dunno about the "noisetaker" range but the Liberties are very quiet, much quieter than usual stock PSU with 8cm. More than acceptable for a gaming desktop, in fact quiet enough for a HTPC. The Seasonic S12 are quieter though. The 3.3v line isn't 3.3v on the Seasonic however unlike my Liberty (seasonic aroune 3.21 or something) Liberty stays at 3.33v

Last edited:
Associate
good choice mate, I have one and its rock stable :D however, remember to keep your reciept safe cus Enermax wont accept RMA without it. the 80mm fan on the back of my 600W died and I had to replaced it myself :S

Back
Top Bottom