Camping 2 Player Games

maj

maj

Soldato
Me and the missus are off camping next weekend and I'm after some games to fill the time in if needed/weather gets bad. Preferably quick and easy to play/learn due to limited space. Not sure how far camp site will be from the parking so portability is needed too. I had thought of Zombie Dice but she hates anything Zombie related but similar games (and price!) would be good. Word games could be an option too. Codenames maybe? I was also looking at Welcome To The Dungeon but not sure how it would play with 2 players. A game or two that would take say 30 mins or so to play would be welcome too for some variety.

Any suggestions folks?

Soldato
There is a more family friendly version of zombie dice, i think its Dino dice... there is also martian dice that adds a few things but I've never played it to offer advice.

Jaipur is excellent and portable but is also hard to get hold of at the moment.

Star Realms is another excellent card battler, they also do EPIC which is a MTG style random deck game that i own but have never played.

Patchwork is a brilliant little game and the boards you use also assist with uneven ground of a campsite.

Dungeon Roll is also a light bit of fun if you fancy a dice thrower a bit longer than zombie/dino dice.

maj

maj

Soldato
OP
There is a more family friendly version of zombie dice, i think its Dino dice... there is also martian dice that adds a few things but I've never played it to offer advice.

Jaipur is excellent and portable but is also hard to get hold of at the moment.

Star Realms is another excellent card battler, they also do EPIC which is a MTG style random deck game that i own but have never played.

Patchwork is a brilliant little game and the boards you use also assist with uneven ground of a campsite.

Dungeon Roll is also a light bit of fun if you fancy a dice thrower a bit longer than zombie/dino dice.

Will check them out thanks :)

Caporegime
Might be too ott for you. But best 2 player board game I have is 7 wonders duel.

Takes a little while to understand but it has massive replay value.
Me and the gf have each won twice each.
she just beat me an hour ago!

Soldato
Might be too ott for you. But best 2 player board game I have is 7 wonders duel.

Takes a little while to understand but it has massive replay value.
Me and the gf have each won twice each.
she just beat me an hour ago!

I agree this is my top 2 player game but I didn't suggest it as it requires a neat arrangement of cards and quite a bit of table space that I can't imagine would work well in a tent (although to be fair if you have a good size tent with an interior table of decent size it would be a brilliant choice as the game is excellent)

PoD

PoD

Associate
Paperback is a small game that uses words

I would also recommend:
  • Artifacts Inc
  • Biblios
  • Love Letter: (I personally think Batman Love Letter is the best version)
  • Patchwork as mentioned
  • 7 Wonders Duel
  • Sushi GO
  • Jaipur

Caporegime
I agree this is my top 2 player game but I didn't suggest it as it requires a neat arrangement of cards and quite a bit of table space that I can't imagine would work well in a tent (although to be fair if you have a good size tent with an interior table of decent size it would be a brilliant choice as the game is excellent)

We play carcassonne big box in a tent. But our tent was bought worth games in mind!

maj

maj

Soldato
OP
Thanks all. Only just seen the recent posts. Old skool is fine by me and we will have a deck of cards with us. Also taking my tablet with some apps on (not necessarily board games ones though) and also have some comics on it I can read too.

For the price I got Star Realms but not sure it'll be her sort of game but haven't wasted loads of money if that is the case. Also took a chance on Sushi Go after it was recommended elsewhere and before I saw it mentioned here. Watched Will Wheaton play it and didn't fully understand what was going on but again for the price I'll give it a go.

Haven't played Love Letter but do like the theme of the Batman version. Had I noticed your post earlier I may of picked it up.

I've since found out it's a four man tent we're staying in so may have more room than I first though. Might have bought likes of Carcassonne had I know as it's one I've been after for awhile.

We're off there tomorrow for two nights and if weather is as nice as it was today we probably won't need any games but I've got some just in case.

Soldato
We quite often take Carcasonne away with us (although not usually when camping as it's best played on a decent table). The 'big box' isn't very portable though so I have an assortment of canvas bags that we pack it into. We have one large bag with most of the tiles in (which we also use to draw them from) as well as colour coded bags for each set of meeples and another bag for odds and ends, tokens and start tiles etc. We also take dice that we use as score counters as they're more portable than the score board. Our game packs down nice and compact now.

Back
Top Bottom