Campsites in Cornwall...recommendations, advice, etc

Associate
Hey all,

A bit of an unusual request this one, but I've had some good experiences with asking on here about rather random stuff, so I'll give it a shot.

Basically, a group of friends are interested in going camping once the exams are over, to celebrate and enjoy the summer. The original idea was to go somewhere in Cornwall, particularly on the north coast.

However, the camp-site organiser became unexpectedly busy, and asked if other people could help out by finding somewhere to go. Apparently, it's not as easy as it sounds, out of the first 5 emailed, only 1 replied.

So basically my question to you guys is: anyone know of anywhere in particular (hopefully in that region) where they've had a good experience of and would recommend? In a more general sense, anyone know of any 'camp-site review websites' if any such exist?

If age/group size is an issue, then there's likely to be around 15 - 17/18 year olds (but in no way the rowdy sort...) looking for a week of camping.

I know it's all a bit vague, but any pointers/tips people can give would be greatly appreciated! :D

Thanks to all who post :)
Peter

Associate
OP
Thanks for the posts people! Both are very useful.

lowrider007 said:
Come to Newquay mate, theres no other place worth going to in cornwall tbh, yes there are more picturesque towns/villages but unless your 90+ you'll just get board tbh,

heres a few sites in the local area http://www.surfnewquay.co.uk/camping.shtml

I'd proberbly recommend Hendra, it's about a 2 miles out of town though, if you want something closer then Trenance holiday park may be better, that only about 10/15mins walking distance from Newquay town centre, both these sites tend to have less rowdy types staying on them, if you do wan't a more party atmosphere then go to Sunnyside.

Cheers lowrider007, your opinion is much appreciated. :D

I'll get in contact with some of the places you mention.

If we do end up going there, being a local (I get the feeling you're hinting that), can I expect your low-down on the local amenities/attractions/night life too? :p

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom