Camridgeshire meet? Gathering interest thread

Soldato
hi guys

me and Barton from these forums have been thinking about maybe organising a cambridgeshire meet sometime, would anyone be interested? we know lots of nice roads and pubs etc

as long as you dont make us look daft in our small cars then come along :p ;)

anyone interested? think, you could be getting a ride in a W reg 206 with shiny plastic bits inside :p;)

Soldato
i'd come for sure. In my super powerfull 1.9 turbo diesel! Would have to be after 10/06/06 and before 22/06/06 though (end of exams, going to thailand), Where in Cambridge you thinking of meeting?

Soldato
OP
Spamalot said:
i'd come for sure. In my super powerfull 1.9 turbo diesel! Would have to be after 10/06/06 and before 22/06/06 though (end of exams, going to thailand), Where in Cambridge you thinking of meeting?

heck my mates punto is a 1.9 diesel :D

we were thinking around the huntingdon, st neots, sandy, cambridge area :) although suggestions are welcome

Man of Honour
Smiley Man said:
heck my mates punto is a 1.9 diesel :D

we were thinking around the huntingdon, st neots, sandy, cambridge area :) although suggestions are welcome

Old Ferryboat In in Holywell (just east of St Ives) is good: food is good, and there's a big carpark. Just a bit hard to find if you've never been there before.

M

Associate
Meridian said:
Old Ferryboat In in Holywell (just east of St Ives) is good: food is good, and there's a big carpark. Just a bit hard to find if you've never been there before.

M

Just had a word with Smileyman and we are gonna go and check Holywell out at some point later,
cheers for the suggestion

Soldato
OP
Meridian said:

M

we've just been to have a look and you're right the car park is huge :eek: we're just thinking of good roads we know locally at the moment - but feel free to suggest some :D

Man of Honour
The best local road is the B660 from the A1 down through Kimbolton. If people were up for a fair drive I'd suggest the B1040 from StIves through Pidley and out to Ramsey. Turn off onto the B660 at Ramsey StMary's and stay on until Kimbolton, then onto the B645 eastbound. I'd probably then tun up onto the B661 (but cut the corner by taking the turn before Great Staughton) towards West Perry. (You could also turn off to the B660 just out of Kimbolton and then cut through the back roads to Gt Staughton, then B661). At the junction of the B661 and the A1 at Buckdon it's up to you: the convoy will get split up here (because of how busy the junction is) so you might want to either arrange a final rendezvous after, or let people go their own way. If the idea is to split here, you could end the convoy in the carpark on the south side of Grafham water.

Just an idea.

M

Soldato
OP
Meridian said:
The best local road is the B660 from the A1 down through Kimbolton. If people were up for a fair drive I'd suggest the B1040 from StIves through Pidley and out to Ramsey. Turn off onto the B660 at Ramsey StMary's and stay on until Kimbolton, then onto the B645 eastbound. I'd probably then tun up onto the B661 (but cut the corner by taking the turn before Great Staughton) towards West Perry. (You could also turn off to the B660 just out of Kimbolton and then cut through the back roads to Gt Staughton, then B661). At the junction of the B661 and the A1 at Buckdon it's up to you: the convoy will get split up here (because of how busy the junction is) so you might want to either arrange a final rendezvous after, or let people go their own way. If the idea is to split here, you could end the convoy in the carpark on the south side of Grafham water.

Just an idea.

sounds interesting :D

we were thinking of some of the nice twisty bits near sandy/potton/abbotsley too, but im sure we could work all the roads in

What sort of distance would people be prepared to drive? on the right roads of course :D

ps - meridian where abouts in huntingdon are you?

Back
Top Bottom