Can an ex disqualified driver accompany a provisional holder?

Soldato
Basically. A friend of mine was disqualified for a year. This was december 2008 until 2009. He then re sat the test and passed on Jan 09.

His partner is now insured on his car and holds a provisional. I am claiming because of the ban he can't be the one responsible for her?

Am I correct in thinking that she will need to sit next to someone else? Will this matter if the car is registered in his name? Does the owner need to be there type of thing?

Cheers!

Soldato
OP
To me it sounds like you must have held it for 3 years and still hold it when you're supervising...i.e. not be banned when you're supervising. Maybe that's just me :D

He isn't banned as I've mentioned. He got his license reinstated two years ago and still holds it to this day. If he had to supervise at the moment he wouldn't be a banned driver.

Soldato
OP
As he lost his full license and had to retake his test when he got disqualified, then that means he has not held a full license for 3 years..

If he was only disqualified that may of been OK...

He got a one year ban... re sat the practical and theory tests. Passed the extended driving test and has been driving legally for two years now. Previously had been driving for over 30 years without any penalties or infractions of any kind.

Back
Top Bottom