Can anyone explain the difference between BMW tracking (KDS) and normal tracking ?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I phoned to see how much tracking is and was told it's called KDS and involves alignment of all 4 wheels and other elements of the whole "wheel" system (camber etc) - I understand this is the normal procedure though for any tracking at any garage or is the BMW one more thorough ?

I ask because I've been quoted £110 after discount as they said it's normally £200+~ and wondered why even with discount it's more than double what say a local garage would charge for tracking.

I had my tracking done at a local pro tyre garage last year and they took 4 attempts before I decided it was "close enough" as the wheel was always slightly ff centre when car was moving straight so perhaps getting it done at main dealer would be better this time round...

Did you get good results from it mate ?
The Super Saver service is *** reason I want a 2003 car next year to benefit from the cheap main dealer prices :D

Is there a website that lists garages using Hunter alignment? the price difference though might as well just get it done at BMW tbh :/

Back
Top Bottom