Can anyone spec me a VPS?

Associate
Hi,
Not sure if this is right place but can anyone spec me a new VPS ?

Company I'm currently with have been great for last 4 years but now not so good!

I've got approx 60 small sites, 10 of those wordpress, storage 25gb, bandwidth 50gb using direct admin.

I've had a look at Vidahost but I can't directly go from direct admin to their own custom cpanel - major ball-ache to migrate manually 60 sites!

Need reliable service with online support - don't mind paying for a good host.
Ade

Permabanned
You can try VPS UK they are part of WebhostUK LTD offering cloud Xen VPS server , I feel they can get all migration done for you. My major customer base with them is wordpress client and almost very month I ask for 5 to 10 website migrated to them.

Soldato
Unless you're happy to secure and manage a server yourself* (usually not worth the headache unless you have specific reasoning) then it's worth going for a fully managed VPS or 'cloud' based hosting.

TsoHost and Vidahost are my recommendations, never had an issue with either. As for migrating, TsoHost have helped me in the past migrating a similar number of sites.

* If going for an unmanaged/partial-managed server, then remember most don't come with control panels and you'd need to factor in the license cost for DirectAdmin/cPanel etc (DA is around $180 per year, although they did lifetime licenses at one point which were stupidly cheap; cPanel is around $200 per year).

Soldato
Just talk to Vidahost. I have a VPS with them that I self manage, on the rare occasions I need a reboot or such they deal with it. They installed a minimal CentOS for me.

Associate
Vidahost are a good option, as well as UK2. Although the latter requires you to fully manage the VPS compared with the former who provide fully managed options.

Back
Top Bottom