can i do anything? work overtime question

Associate
I recently got promoted in work and thus they put my wage up by £1200.
This puts me £250 over my works overtime threshold so i cant recieve overtime however I was earning 3-4k a yr in overtime so im actually losing money. Now i havent signed anything for this promotion and I have a letter saying "congrats, the only changes are your job title and salary..original contract still applies" now my original contract sais im entitled to overtime.

usually when work increase peoples wages they put them at the limit of the o/t threshold so they can still earn overtime. Now i work in IT as systems analyst and i often work unusual hours because my work requires it e.g. turning networks off during the day cant be done. I think our new finance director doesnt like me though so has done this for a reason just to tick me off.

at the minute im a bit depressed because im still expected to do the work yet for free.

any advice would be great.thx

Associate
OP
Request a meeting with someone that can help.

Explain the situation and potential loss of earnings, and it'll get sorted :confused:

Ill have to do this on my next wage slip me thinks. At the moment ive been getting overtime for the past two months because I brought it up as an issue but the finance director has told my boss definetly not this month.

Associate
OP
yeah i meant yearly. i didnt get promoted to a manager, just a job title change from IT Technician to systems support analyst. same job lol. the new wage will loose me between 200-500quid a month I have worked it out. just for the sake of 250/yr over the threshold.

Back
Top Bottom