Can I do better for £300?

Soldato
£300 build for a friend. Doesn't need anything fancy, just word processing, internet browsing and watching films etc.

23jh2c3.jpg

Probably going to find some used RAM in the MM or something, not paying £37 for 2GB of RAM when I paid £20 for 2GB a few months ago lol. Has DDR2 went up so much in price because of the falling DDR3 price?

So, anything there you would change? Don't need an OS or any other peripherals apart from the monitor.

Oh, another question. Does that Coolermaster case come with a fan? Or am I going to have to buy one separate?

Cheers

Last edited:
Associate
Just double check they're alright with a 250GB HDD. If they're just watching DVDs shouldn't be an issue. But downloading a few films and having a decent music collection can quickly eat up a disk that size.

Soldato
OP
Just double check they're alright with a 250GB HDD. If they're just watching DVDs shouldn't be an issue. But downloading a few films and having a decent music collection can quickly eat up a disk that size.

Aye will do. Need to ask if they have speakers too, or I'll have to change the monitor to one with built in speakers.

Cheers

Associate
lol i know everyone tries to bust everone elses budget but the Western Digital Caviar Green is double the size of the one you selected for £10 more so i would get that.

For graphics look for an ati 4550 (passively cooled) shouldn't be more than about £30 at most and will do 1080p np without making any sound.

Back
Top Bottom