Can I install ram upgrades and extra SSD drive before turning on my new gaming PC?

Associate
Basically have new ram and an extra 1tb ssd drive (and water cooler kit but thats irrelevant) and have received my new gaming PC (ASU’s rig strix C16GH) so can I fit these upgrades before my switch on as assume system pre installed and ready to go. Have to wait but also if I don’t turn on the pc a can sell my parts being replaced as new. Compared to used. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Will also need some advice on setting up my 2 ssd mve2 PCIe-4 drives. Heard the best way to run them is just have windows on one and everything else on the other? I’m a sim racer so was just a bit confused with every thing, as seems to be a lot of contradictory advice online. Relatively hand with it and electronics but haven’t been the gaming world for a bout 10 years.

2nd question regarding water cooled kit? Does the rad and fans have to sit at the top of the case or could it sit anywhere I can find space. Eg the front as I don’t seem to have any fans there currently and would draw air into the front of the case as was intended I believe and push it out the back??

Thanks All,

Mark

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom