Can I use built-in speakers from one monitor for another monitor?

Associate
Probably a really dumb question and I doubt this is possible but,

I have a BENQ EX2780q monitor with built-in speakers and I've recently ordered an LG-gp950 (no built-in speakers).

The new monitor doesn't have an optical port (has a headphone jack) and I've heard that connecting external speakers to a headphone jack doesn't sound very good at all.

Also, my main use for this monitor is ps5 and series x, both consoles sadly don't have an optical output.

Furthermore, I want to be able to use the HDMI 2.1 functionality of the monitor and consoles so a HDMI audio extractor cable thing isn't of any use to me. (Hopefully it's clear by now that I really don't know much about monitors and audio lol)

So, my question is. I have perfectly good speakers in my old monitor (they are actually really good speakers as well), is there a way to somehow connect both the monitors so that the LG is outputting sound through the BENQ monitor speakers whilst also connected to a series x/ps5?

Soldato
This might be a bit late at this point but, no not with a console no, however with a pc you sort of can do this, in a sense, by having both monitors connected to the system and just run the audio output through the speakers of the older/secondary display, i.e. select it as the audio output.

Back
Top Bottom