Can someone explain Viewsonic's dead pixel policy please?

Associate
After the very helpful advice on here i've narrowed down the choice of my TFT to one of two viewsonic models (the new 2ms model and the VP30). I'm going to check them out at a local independent before ordering the one i like best from OCUK (bit naughty, but it will save me a fortune!)

According to viewsonic's website (http://www.viewsoniceurope.com/uk/Support/warranty.htm) their policy is

Note on Pixel Defect Policy:
For any sub pixel defect (red or green or blue) ViewSonic LCD display products are warranted in accordance with the ISO standard 13406-2 class II. On pixels ViewSonic exceeds ISO 13406-2 class II requirements not allowing for any defective (permanently dark or bright) complete pixel consisting of red, green, and blue sub pixels (“Zero Pixel Defect Policy”).

Can anyone explain what that actually means though?

Many thanks

Spudgun

Man of Honour
Spudgun said:
After the very helpful advice on here i've narrowed down the choice of my TFT to one of two viewsonic models (the new 2ms model and the VP30). I'm going to check them out at a local independent before ordering the one i like best from OCUK (bit naughty, but it will save me a fortune!)

According to viewsonic's website (http://www.viewsoniceurope.com/uk/Support/warranty.htm) their policy is

Note on Pixel Defect Policy:
For any sub pixel defect (red or green or blue) ViewSonic LCD display products are warranted in accordance with the ISO standard 13406-2 class II. On pixels ViewSonic exceeds ISO 13406-2 class II requirements not allowing for any defective (permanently dark or bright) complete pixel consisting of red, green, and blue sub pixels (“Zero Pixel Defect Policy”).

Can anyone explain what that actually means though?

Many thanks

Spudgun

They follow the ISO regs for a Level 2 panel on sub pixel failure *ie locked onto red, blue or green*

Full pixel failure *either on as white or black* they'll not allow 1.

Simon/~Flibster

Associate
Yes, as Flibster says. I have the VP930, excellent monitor and Viewsonic have a very good exchange policy regarding dead or faulty pixels. I believe the above refers to the fact they will exchange a monitor if it has 3 or more faulty pixels of the red - blue - green type especially if they are toward the centre of the screen or 1 dead pixel anywhere on the screen if it is white or black. White or black pixel is regarded as a full pixel made up of red - green - blue sub pixels.

Back
Top Bottom