Can you game share on the switch?

Soldato
My girlfriend bought us both switch lites recently and to save us both buying the same game I'm wondering if their is anything similar to game pass on Nintendo? Google is coming up with different things... Is it possible to link two accounts where only one of them has the digital came, but both people can play at the same time?

Cheers

Associate
I have the OG Switch and the Lite.

I've made my Lite the primary Switch, and I found that if you want to play the same (single player) games on both systems at the same time, make sure the secondary switch goes through the 'checking whether this software can be played' part, then turn it to airplane mode, you can then play the same game on the primary Switch.

Soldato
Soldato
Yes, you can do this but you will both need to sign up (and pay) for Nintendo online accounts if you want to play together or have both consoles online at the same time.

Once you've done that then pick one console to be your primary for your account (you can play games on this even when offline) and the other will be your secondary which will need you to be online. Your missus can use her account on your primary to play online.

Soldato
OP
Yes, you can do this but you will both need to sign up (and pay) for Nintendo online accounts if you want to play together or have both consoles online at the same time.

Once you've done that then pick one console to be your primary for your account (you can play games on this even when offline) and the other will be your secondary which will need you to be online. Your missus can use her account on your primary to play online.

Thanks for the info guys. I'm a bit confused because on that Reddit link above, it says if the secondary switch is playing a game and the primary switch loads a game up, the secondary switch will be kicked from the game

Soldato
Thanks for the info guys. I'm a bit confused because on that Reddit link above, it says if the secondary switch is playing a game and the primary switch loads a game up, the secondary switch will be kicked from the game

That's correct if they're using the same Nintendo account but not if you setup separate ones.

Just for clarity, you need to do this:

Switch 1: Login with the first person's account (the one you will be buying games with) and set it as your primary console. Add the second person's account. Games can be played on or offline by the second person.

Switch 2: Login with the first person's account, you can only play games when online.

Any games must be bought by the first person's account but you can buy them on either console. Both accounts must have Nintendo online subscriptions if you want to play online against/with each other.

Back
Top Bottom