Can you give me advice on setting up a website for a small business please

Soldato
Hi there, the title says it all really, I just wanted to setup a simple website for a small business and just wanted some advice on how to go about it.

Can you recommend a good company where I can pay for the domain name and pay for the hosting? I found this one, http://www.fasthosts.co.uk/ does that look ok to you?

Also I can make a website but I cant make a website look good, I'm rubbish at design and rubbish with photoshop too so do you think I should pay someone else to do it and if so do you know any companies that are cheap for a simple website?

Thanks in advance.

For hosting use either Vidahost / Tsohost - both are well recommended here. Either buy your domain through them or use 123-Reg.

Build the site in WordPress, there's tonnes of free themes for it so you can't easily go wrong :p.

Cheers mate, I'll check all that out now :)

Oh there was one other thing I forgot, I wanted to have a private number for my business to put on website and flyers, you got any recommendations for that too? Am sure I knew a guy once at an old job who said he found a company that gave him a private 0800 number for £20 per month or something.

Back
Top Bottom