Can you use a fan controller with a cpu fan?

Soldato
no it should work just fine, although some motherboards have alarm's built-in so that if your cpu fan is below 1200rpm for example it'll bleep but will still come on, however you can usually turn off this setting in the bios.
depends on the board you've got

Associate
The fan controller i got (Zalman zm-mfc1) had a cable to allow the fans to be connected to the mobo and to the fan controller.

Soldato
Reiver said:
The fan controller i got (Zalman zm-mfc1) had a cable to allow the fans to be connected to the mobo and to the fan controller.
yea i was thinking it would be easier for the OP to just buy the fanmate control a small device that acts like an extension to the fan cable but has a 7-12v range so it could limit the speed. but it doesnt sit in a drive bay or anything like a normal fan controller.

Soldato
sja360 said:
yea i was thinking it would be easier for the OP to just buy the fanmate control a small device that acts like an extension to the fan cable but has a 7-12v range so it could limit the speed. but it doesnt sit in a drive bay or anything like a normal fan controller.
I'v got a musketeer and it does exactly that!

They're pretty cheap too, if you shop around :)

Back
Top Bottom