Canon digital cameras and the e18 error

Associate
Hi,

I'm thinking of purchasing a Canon A610 in the near future, but I am a little wary of doing so having seen so many reports/complaints online about the e18 error that seems to plague Canon cameras.

Have those of you who have a Canon digicam (any, but particularly the newer ones) encountered the error? Is it a common thing, or are the large numbers of complaints simply due to a) the large number of Canon cameras that are sold and b) the nature of the Internet as an easy place for people to air their views?

Considering that I really would like a swivel LCD screen and the use of AA batteries, I don't know of any other camera I would want to get...

Thanks for your help.

Regards, Dominic

Soldato
I've had 4 Canon digital cameras over the last 5 years and not once have I had an E18 error.

Canon S30 - 5 years old and still working fine today, even after a few big drops!
Canon G3 - 4 years old and still working fine
Canon 10D - Now sold but was flawless
Canon 20D - A few minor errors early on associated with the optional battery grip but these have now been now fixed.

Also, all of my family, my girl friends family and my friends have Canon digital cameras of various sorts and they haven't had an e18 error either.

I'm not saying that Canon cameras are completely free of faults but I would say that your option b seems the appropriate reason in this case.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies. Turns out I probably need the money for Bible College, so I may not be getting the camera any time soon... we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom