Canon PIXMA iP5200 or IP4200?

Associate
I am looking at getting one of the following printers from OCuk.

What is the difference between the two?

The 5200 comes in at £82

The 4200 comes in at £71

I think they are pretty similair.... with the only major difference being the ip5200 is a little faster. I have an ip4200 and the print quality on glossy photo paper is stunning... One thing to remember is that compatible cartridges are not yet available for these (maybe never will be) so if you are looking at printing on the cheap an Epson might be better.... You can always refill like I do but you need to do your research to find a good source of ink.

I went into a 'high street shop' and asked the same question as I was looking for a new printer at the time. There was a Canon rep there and he said that the 5200 has a smaller ink drop size...not sure how accurate this is or whether it is worth the extra money, considering the 4200, as pre1twa said, gives excellent prints anyway...

I do remember reading something about chipped canon cartridges on these forums, but never followed it up, maybe someone can shed some light.

Yes, you may be right about the smaller droplet size.... Not sure if it makes a noticable difference though (maybe just slightly more economical).... Like I say both are excellent printers. However bear in mind that to replace all 5 cartridges costs almost as much as a new printer. If you want cheap high volume printing then it may be worth looking elsewhere. Or with a little effort you can refill cartridges for a very cheap cost (£20 for refilling all cartridges 3 times). Make sure you do some research on the best place to get refill kits from though.

Well I have just ordered the Canon iP4200. The only difference as far as I can tell is the speed. Although faster, one review I read said the 4200 prints were slighly better because slower?
They have the same droplet size 1 pl and use the same cartridges. ;)

Back
Top Bottom