Canon R6 MkII vs MkIII

Soldato
I've had my Canon 750D (DSLR, APS-C, 24MP) for 8 years now and I've learned quite a bit along the way but it's time for an upgrade. Had my eye on the Canon R6 MkII for a while, especially now prices have dropped (still £2k but it's my main hobby these days so why not) however there are strong rumours that the R6 MkIII will be announced towards the end of the year and available in early 2025.

Everything including specs are still at the rumour stage so it's hard to make an informed decision - any thoughts as to whether I should take advantage of the current prices or wait for the MkIII? The MkII is less than two years old and would still be a massive upgrade from my 750D, but if I keep whatever I end up getting for as long as my 750D I can't help thinking waiting a few more months for whatever improvements the MkIII brings is the more sensible option.

And yes, appreciate I'm going to need to buy new lenses for either option since they're RF and not EF mount but that's been factored into budgeting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom