Can't coonnect to router in Linux???

Soldato
Can't coonnect to router in Linux??? I get the unable to connect to server,
I heard about a big bug & wanted to see if a patch was out... I use to connect just fine, not 1 thing changed...

watch?v=VI89hpI5pos
MAJOR Wi-Fi Exploit Found! ALL Your Devices At Risk! (How "Krack Attack" Works)
Not sure how these two things even relate

Original post seems confusing

You couldn't connect to wifi
You then found out about krack attack (which is only exploitable by someone within wifi range)

Also not really sure what that video is but the title is completely overblown (I didn't watch the whole video, intro makes guy seem confused & I have been looking at this bug since before it went public).

Here is the website related to the research by the person who found the bug: https://www.krackattacks.com/
Here is the pdf: https://papers.mathyvanhoef.com/ccs2017.pdf

Our main attack is against the 4-way handshake of the WPA2 protocol. This handshake is executed when a client wants to join a protected Wi-Fi network, and is used to confirm that both the client and access point possess the correct credentials (e.g. the pre-shared password of the network). At the same time, the 4-way handshake also negotiates a fresh encryption key that will be used to encrypt all subsequent traffic.
In a key reinstallation attack, the adversary tricks a victim into reinstalling an already-in-use key. This is achieved by manipulating and replaying cryptographic handshake messages.

Last edited:
Soldato
All companies are working to fix this vulnerability but no success till now
Lots of patches already out

Some examples below
Arch Linux
Arch has pushed out updates for wpa_supplicant and hostapd

Debian
Debian posted an advisory to the Debian Security Announce mailing list with information on updates that resolve the Krack vulnerability.

LineageOS
LineageOS has had patches merged to prevent the Krak vulns.

Linux
According to the vulnerability release, "Our attack is especially catastrophic against version 2.4 and above of wpa_supplicant, a Wi-Fi client commonly used on Linux.". Patches can be found here.

Netgear
Netgear has released an advisory that contains a list of products affected by KRACK and associated updates.

OpenBSD
OpenBSD was provided a patch that was used to silently update and fix this vulnerability.

Ubiquiti (UniFi, AmpliFi, airMax)
Ubiquiti have posted an advisory that provides details on what UniFi, AmpliFi, and airMax products are affected by the KRACK vulnerability. This advisory also provides links to the updates that resolve this attack.

Ubuntu
Ubuntu has released an advisory with information on how to update wpa_supplicant and hostapd in order to resolve this vulnerability.

Soldato
Usual sort of thread from the OP ... has an issue, Google's, finds that there's an issue unrelated to the problem he is having ... whatever that actually is as like usual you just get a vague statement which only gets expanded upon if you try and help him as he says things suggested don't work (because of the vagueness in the original problem definition)

Back
Top Bottom