Can’t decide between monitor

Associate
Dear all,
I have been looking for a monitor to replace my old monitor and have come to two and can’t choose between them.
They are the Gigabyte G24F-2 and the LG Ultragear 24GN60R-B. The G24F2 is only available through overclockers for £170 whilst the 24GN60R-B has suddenly got a massive deal of from £199 to £129 on a different site. I know that the G24F2 is better but is the save in money worth the small amount of missed performance. I’m also playing fast paced games such as valorant where I need the extra hertz to see enemies where the G24F2 is in favour.
So should I get the much cheaper 24GN60R-B and save some money for something else for the setup or go for the slightly better G24F2?
Thanks

Last edited:
Hi,

You will need to remove the name of competitors to Overclockers it in the forum rules

The gigabyte is a higher refresh rate and more inputs , below is a comparison.

I didn’t know about that.
I know that the Gigabyte is better but I can save around £40 by getting the slightly worse LG. So is it worth the save or should I stick with the Gigabyte?

Dear all,
I have been looking for a monitor to replace my old monitor and have come to two and can’t choose between them.
They are the Gigabyte G24F-2 and the LG Ultragear 24GN60R-B. The G24F2 is only available through overclockers for £170 whilst the 24GN60R-B has suddenly got a massive deal of from £199 to £129 on a different site. I know that the G24F2 is better but is the save in money worth the small amount of missed performance. I’m also playing fast paced games such as valorant where I need the extra hertz to see enemies where the G24F2 is in favour.
So should I get the much cheaper 24GN60R-B and save some money for something else for the setup or go for the slightly better G24F2?
Thanks
I actually have the monitor you're talking about, the LG. It comes with 1 hdmi and 1 display port. And input for headphones.

If you use CRU you can even set the monitor 2560x1440 at 75hz but yeah it's a decent high refresh rate monitor for the price. But there's nothing that impressive about it. Just does what it says and not much else. Just a nice cheap solution (in my case for geforce now)

I can't complain considering it cost me £149.99 anything more expensive and I'd rather commit to a premium product.

So if you just need the 144hz more than amazing colour accuracy etc then you'll be very happy with your purchase.

Last edited:
I ended up buying the G24F2 thanks for the help. It was a bit more expensive than the LG but I found out that it has a refresh rate that can be overclocked to 180hz. This is really helpful in my games.
Once again thanks for the help.

I ended up buying the G24F2 thanks for the help. It was a bit more expensive than the LG but I found out that it has a refresh rate that can be overclocked to 180hz. This is really helpful in my games.
Once again thanks for the help.
You made the right choice it's has a better contrast ratio as well, I'm sure you'll be happy.

I only have two more questions about it though.
Apparently when first starting up its sometimes has a more green look to things. Is this true and how can you fix it.
It also apparently sometimes has a coil whirr when overclocking it to 180hz.
Are both of these issues only found in the first G24F and are fixed in the second?

Back
Top Bottom