Cant decided what to do regarding my poorly/now fixed Audi A7

Associate
Brought my A7 from Audi a couple years back. LOVE my car but just over a month ago had my first ever breakdown on the motorway. Not an experience I would wish on anyone its not nice!

Started with an yellow "Electrical system malfunction" & "Start/stop malfunction"

Audi assist came out and tested what they could. Said battery low (under 12v) and not charging. Tested the battery itself and that was accepting charge fine.
Suspected starter generator issue. Mine is the 55 TFSI with the 48v hybrid system.

Said it should be fine to drive to Audi as its only 10 miles away from where i live. Unfortunately it didn't make it and had every red warning message known to man when I was on the M1 and then completely shutdown. Got it recovered to Audi Leicester. Lucky I was JUST inside my approved used warranty.

Took them a few days to diagnose the issue, which was the starter generator failed (£1500+ part alone!!:eek:), then a few more days to get Audi to authorise it under warranty. Then came the part is on back order and no ETA when it will come in. Managed to get a courtesy car out of them (eurocar) after a couple weeks which was a real pain without a car.

Finally after just over a month with them the parts came in on Monday and got the car back yesterday. Seems all fine.

Just cant decide what to do now. Is this the start of things just starting to break? I can buy an Audi extended warranty for £65ish pm with £250 excess to cover is anything massive goes wrong.

Nothing out there really floats my boat at the moment and everything is just massively expensive/long wait times.

Ok I get the picture where everyone is going here .

Probably just panicking abit, first time in 18 years of having cars anything big has gone wrong so suppose I have been very lucky

My A7 is only mild hybrid so no electric to the wheels at all just aids the start/stop system.

And the month for the parts although very frustrating is the unfortunate world we are living in, everything is on back order!

Have decided to keep it and pony up for the Audi extended warranty. There is zero out there that takes my fancy without spending a lot more money on a replacement.

Back
Top Bottom