• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Cant find my GPU :\

Associate
im new to this and i have hit a stumbling block when trying to run a game.

i built my first rig a week ago and ironed out some little problems that were going on with it. i managed to get about an hour or two into skyrim and then i saved game and had a few very busy days at work.

i came back to it and there was a loading screen that just wouldnt turn off... i tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it was having none of it, when i tried it again the second time, it set my run settings at low, when they should be ultra high.

i then found that my computer didnt know i had another gpu other than the on board one on the processor.

The problem is now that i cant go into bios, because when i boot up the computer, when i press delete, nothing comes onto the screen, if i dont press delete, it loads up windows no problem... i cant get into the nvidia control panel because it cant speak to it and when i go through msconfig it shows that its using my processor

so im not sure where to go from here at all, any help would be much appreciated!

Associate
OP
absolute rookie mistake.... took my hdmi lead out of the pc to use my xbox... plugged the hdmi lead back into the wrong port haha. put it back into the gpu hdmi port today and hey presto, it worked :|

Soldato
absolute rookie mistake.... took my hdmi lead out of the pc to use my xbox... plugged the hdmi lead back into the wrong port haha. put it back into the gpu hdmi port today and hey presto, it worked :|

2j4r4op.jpg

Back
Top Bottom