Cant get my PC running after cooler replacement.

Associate
I posted a thread a few days ago because my CPU temps were climbing in a few minutes till the PC shut down. I got rid of the AIO H100i cooler and found a Noctua air cooler on eBay and spent some time today fitting it, which was quite a hassle.

Once it was all done I plugged everything back in and hit the power button. The PC came to life and all the fans and the cooler looked to be working fine but I’m getting no signal to the monitors. I spent a bit swapping monitors about and checking the connections. Then I went through the PC making sure everything was properly seated, checking the RAM and the GPU had not come loose.

I’m getting nothing, the keyboard LEDs don’t light up the monitors don’t come on. The board is an ASUS P9X79 WS and it has a Q-Code LED readout on the board but its dead, nothing. There’s also supposed to be some beeps but I’ve never heard them anyhow.

I’m worried that my CPU has died, do they do that? Would that account for the lack of anything? What else could course this? Anyone ideas welcome.

Associate
OP
OK that's a good start, I'll try uninstalling it an then putting it back on. It's a Noctua D14 and with the supplied bracket there are only two screws to tighten. I did alternate between them untill they came to a hard stop that I didn't push.

Associate
OP
That was it! The ATX had come loose. I've never been so delighted at an insult. I was already miserably browsing the costs of the latest CPUs and boards. Thanks DoneADougal, I thought because the fans were working that meant the CPU had power, you learn something every day.

Back
Top Bottom