Cant get new sofas through living room door

Soldato
So got my new sofas from SCS the corner suite got in through the front door and then into the living room door easily since it was all sectional pieces.
The larger maxi sofa which is the 3 seater type is taller than the door and not much room to maneuver it through. Its in the house but not in the living room.

I will get some pics up in few mins.
Hopefully someone can work out an angle i can get it through.
The delivery people didnt want to take the sofa out of its packaging and move it around and risk damage to sofa or property.

Iv got 2 heavies coming round to help me in the evening but probably best i get a plan of action ready

Soldato
OP
i cant take the window out its a multi frame thingy one.
here are the pics

20180323_114848.jpg

20180323_114947.jpg

20180323_115053.jpg

20180323_115117.jpg

20180323_115149.jpg

Soldato
OP
this is the one thats not getting through. only the top back cushions come off the ones u sit on stay fixed to the sofa.

non hotlink version:

sofa.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Put the bottom in first, with the top angled against the stairs, rotate it towards the right with the back of the sofa going in first and then rotating through the door. Pull the bottom through as the top slides down the stairs and maybe towards the left.

i think i tried this but the opposite way round which was no good and i was on my own. once my 2 helpers turn up i can try the more advanced techniques.

Soldato
OP
Surprised how society functioned before the days of the internet and social media...

Your trying to get a piece of furniture through a door and you feel the need to post this 'epic problem' online complete with photos!..

Get and grip (literally) and work it out!

Beggars belief!

a problem shared is a problem halved. also you know there will be some funny comments to read

Soldato
OP
couldnt get the sofa through.
rang a local furniture repair store who will dismantle and reassemble the sofa but he is charging £450-£600. that sounds like a total rip off to me.??

Soldato
OP
cant go in via window its not a single large pane got smaller windows in it that open type.
considered cutting the staircase rails but then found out its gonna cost a lot more to put back together.

Soldato
OP
Its in the room now. All sorted. The upholsterer came and dismantled it and got it in the room.

Lesson learned for the future i wont get single big sofas and will get sectional ones like the corner ones are made of.

Soldato
OP
Yea £198

Insides are cheapo just chipboard making the frame. The upholsterer said its normal since its similar to made in uk stuff. The scs one is made in china. I rekon they get it for probably a quarter of the price.

Back
Top Bottom